The student will be able to identify symmetry in functions and define odd and even functions.
Move the k slider to determine how it changes the graph.
- What happens to the graph when k is changed? When it is zero?
- Use the pull-down menu to select another function.
- Click on the "Load Example" button to graph the new function.
- The graphs are in pairs f(x) and f(-x). Are these graphs the same?
- Are f(x) and f(-x) symmetric to the x-axis? y-axis?
- Click on the "Load Example" button to graph a new pair of functions.
Visual Calculus: Online notes about odd and even functions, uses Livemath. Visual Calculus