The student will be able to evaluate the general and principal solutions of inverse trig functions.
- In the graph, the red curve is a portion of y = sin(x), trace over the curve, thinking of the ordered pairs that make up this graph.
- The blue curve is the inverse of y = sin(x), trace over the curve, see that each ordered pair is the reverse of a corresponding point on the y = sin(x) curve.
- What line of symmetry lies between the two curves?
- See the "Hands-On Activities" section for Inverse Sine, Cosine and Tangent applets.
Interactive Math: Online notes and practive problems on evaluating inverse trig functions. Interactive Math
Trig Without Tears: Online notes and practive problems on principal values of inverse trig functions. Trig Without Tears
Click in the box below to start the applet.
Match the corresponding expressions; answers are all in degrees.
- Online Puzzle (Click Button)